Students of the Month
Character Trait of the Month : SELF-CONTROL
- The next JH Scholastic Bowl meet will be played on Wednesday, April 26th at Salt Fork at 5:00 PM. Bus times to be determined. Good luck!!
- As a reminder to all students- Due to continued problems occurring at recess, there should be no toys brought to school, this includes balls of any type.
- Spectrum Screenings for next year will be held on Thursday, May 4th. You may schedule a screening by contacting Lori Bednarz for an appointment at phone 217-469-2291 ext. 126. The Spectrum Program offers educational opportunities for pre-school aged children that may benefit from early intervention with specific educational needs.
- April is Autism Awareness Month. On Friday, April 28th let’s encourage our staff to wear our Autism T-shirts, pins, puzzle pieces, etc. to show our support.
- Team Corn Detasseling is looking for summer workers again this year. Please stop by the office to pick up information on this great summer job opportunity if you are interested.
- There are to be NO MORE FIDGET TOYS in the classrooms. If you get caught with one, it will be taken away and dealt with by appropriate staff members.
- The last day to check out library books will be Thursday, April 27th. All books will be due back to the library by Friday, May 12. The last day for AR points will be Friday, May 12th.
- There will be a girls’ volleyball open gym held again on April 27th from 5-6:00 PM for current 4th & 5th grade girls and from 6-7:00 PM for current 6th and 7th grade girls.
- Spring picture packets have been sent home with all K-8th grade students. Please review packets and choose the portrait package you wish to purchase. All order forms with payment must be turned back into the office by April 27th.
- Teacher Appreciation Week will be celebrated May 1st – 5th. Please look for informational sheets to be coming home with students on how everyone can help express their “thanks” to our teachers for everything they do.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- Yearbook orders are taking place. Please remember that after Friday, May 19, 2017, no more orders will be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation in advance.Reminders:
- Please call ahead if planning to eat lunch with your student. Parents can come 1x/semester.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Upcoming Events:
- 4/26/2017 – RIFF for K-4th grade students.
- 4/28/2017 – Trade Up Fieldtrip to Parkland College for 8th grade students who signed up.
- -Mid-term grades to be available on STI for 4th quarter.