Attention current Juniors for Class of 2019, a message from DiAnne Boyd, Heritage School Nurse:
Seniors need to show proof of a MCV4 vaccine ( meningitis ) either one after their 16th birthday, or two if the first was before their 16th birthday. This is a mandated immunization they will need. Please include that they are free to contact me if they have any questions or want to check on the status of their students vaccine.
|5/21||Washington DC 2020 Student/Parent Mtg.|
05/17/2018 New Announcements:
- Freshman and Sophomore with their parents are invited to an informational meeting on 5/21 at 5-6 pm about attending the next Washington DC trip in 2020. This meeting will be held in the HS library. It is open to all students and parents in these grade levels. If you cannot attend the meeting but are interested in traveling on this trip, please email Mrs. J. Mohr at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Pending Softball regionals we are planning to have basketball cheerleading tryouts on May 17@ 7pm. Clinics for tryouts will be @ 6-8 pm on May 15 and 16 and candidates must attend at least on clinic to be eligible to tryout.
- Summer Driver’s Ed classes start May 21st from 7am-7:45am. The shuttle will leave Homer at 6:45am. This will go until May 31st. On June 4th-20th, classes will meet from 8am-10am, shuttle leaving Homer at 7:30am.
- All future Advanced Art students! We will have a meeting TODAY in Miss. Galaway’s room during HR.
- FCCLA will be having their annual end of the year trip on Wednesday, 5/23. Students should be getting their homework slips signed and approved to attend. Members that did not work either banquet will need to pay $25 to attend and your money is due Monday, 5/21. Students that worked both banquets will attend for free. If you only worked one banquet you will need to pay $10 to attend.
- Students MUST stay in the lunchroom hallway or in the lunchroom during lunch. Do not pass the double doors until dismissed.
- Just a reminder for parents, please remember to call the school if your student will not be in attendance. The absence is not considered excused if we have not heard from a parent or legal guardian. Thank you.
- Reminder to parents regarding lunches: Lunches at the HS are $2.25. We will allow your student to charge up to 3 lunches. After that time, your student will not be allowed to charge anymore lunches and will be given an alternate meal consisting of a peanut butter sandwich, fruit, crackers/chips, and milk. You will be notified of your student’s balance via email, phone call, or letter. If you receive notification, please send payment to the HS via cash or check. Thank you.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appt., please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. The absence will be marked unexcused by the school if a note is not received.
- Students: If you are sent to the office by a teacher/staff member for any type of behavior issue in class, if you bring your cell phone with you, you will be asked to put it on Julie’s desk until you are dismissed to return to class.