|4/14||IHSA Org Contest @Tuscola, HS Band & Chorus|
|4/21||JH/HS Variety Show @ HS 7pm|
|4/28||IESA Org Contest @Danville, JH Band & Chorus|
03/19/2018 New Announcements:
- The Parkland placement test is scheduled for 3/21, starting at 8:15am. This includes seniors going to Parkland, sophomores and juniors taking dual credit English, Psychology or Sociology or any other Parkland class. Sophomores and juniors, make sure you have applied to Parkland as a non degree seeking student and made an account on DualEnroll.com.
- Tomorrow, 3/20, starting during HR, there will be club pictures followed by Softball pictures. BRING ALL YOUR CLUB AND SPORTS WEAR!
- Students: If you are sent to the office by a teacher/staff member for any type of behavior issue in class, if you bring your cell phone with you, you will be asked to put it on Julie’s desk until you are dismissed to return to class.
- Saturday, 3/24: Junior High Solo & Ensemble Contest. 10am-1pm at Homer. Performance times went out Sunday via email, and are available at https://www.facebook.com/heritageperforingarts/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a schedule.
- Students MUST stay in the lunchroom hallway or in the lunchroom during lunch. Do not pass the double doors until dismissed.
- Just a reminder for parents, please remember to call the school if your student will not be in attendance. The absence is not considered excused if we have not heard from a parent or legal guardian. Thank you.
- Reminder to parents regarding lunches: Lunches at the HS are $2.25. We will allow your student to charge up to 3 lunches. After that time, your student will not be allowed to charge anymore lunches and will be given an alternate meal consisting of a peanut butter sandwich, fruit, crackers/chips, and milk. You will be notified of your student’s balance via email, phone call, or letter. If you receive notification, please send payment to the HS via cash or check. Thank you.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appt., please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. The absence will be marked unexcused by the school if a note is not received.
- Any sophomore or junior interested in the Early College and Career Program offered by Parkland, applications are in Mrs. Knott’s office.
- Any senior interested in an Agriculture career, see Mrs. Kott for available scholarships.
- To all sophomores and juniors: Need a job this summer and interested in construction related skills? Education for Employment System #330 is accepting applications for their annual Summer Construction Education Program, which will run from 6/4 – 6/29 in Champaign. You will be participating in the construction of a Habitat for Humanity home, as well as visiting local trade unions. Upon completion of the program, you will earn a $500 stipend, an OSHA safety certificate, and 1 HS credit. Please see Mrs. Knott if interested.
- Seniors: Mrs. Campos needs your baby and senior pictures. Please give them to her as soon as possible.
- There is a sign up sheet in the office for anyone who is interested in going out for VGH Football Cheerleading for next fall. The clinics will be on 3/25 and 3/26. Tryouts will be on March 28th.
- Any student interested in working at the Newman Area Longview Bank, see Mrs. Knott.
- Any student ages 14-18 interested in a Summer Technology camp through Parkland, see Mrs. Knott. They are offering a machining & welding, automotive, motorsport, land surveying and mapping camps.
- Any student interested in teaching swimming this summer, see Mrs. Knott for more details.