The Villa Grove Heritage Boys Basketball Game scheduled for tonight in the Lincoln Prairie Conference at Broadlands vs Argenta-Oreana has been cancelled due to impending weather. Make up date is February 19th.
Heritage Schools Closed Monday January 20th – MLK Holiday Observance
High School Announcements:
- The Heritage FCCLA will attend the IL Section 7 meeting on Tuesday 2/11 in Tuscola. The cost to attend is $10 per member and is free for our three Section 7 officers. Please sign up with Mrs. J. Mohr asap and get her your $10 registration fee. Homework slips will be completed closer to the event. You will need to wear your official polo and dress pants. We will stop for lunch on our way back to school; please bring money. We will leave Broadlands at 8:20 am and return by 2:45 pm.
- Il FCCLA Section 7 is having officer elections. If you are interested in running please contact Mrs. J. Mohr as soon as possible. There is a packet of information to complete and recommendation forms that must be signed by Feb. 4th. Please talk with Madi, Kacie or Bree if you want more information about holding a section office.
- Washington D.C. travelers mark your calendars! Our flights are booked. We will be leaving from Indianapolis on Sunday March 15 and returning the night of Wednesday March 18. Room assignments have been posted on Mrs. J. Mohrs classroom door. There will be a meeting for parents and all travelers in February. At this meeting we will discuss luggage packing the airport shuttle medications the itinerary trip guidelines and expectations. If you have questions please email Mrs J. Mohr at email@example.com.
- Parkland assessment testing for incoming Parkland freshman prior ECCA and Dual Credit students will be on 3/24 starting at 8:30 am. Paperwork for ECCA and Dual Credit along with your Parkland application must be done prior to testing.
- Any student interested in attending events and opportunities during spring and summer offered through the U of I such as College of Aces College of Education College of FAA College of Media to name a few see Mrs. Knott for more information
- Villa Grove will be hosting a dance on Saturday 2/22 from 7-10 pm in the Villa Grove HS gym. All Villa Grove and Heritage students are welcome to attend. You may bring a date from another school just be sure to pick up a permission slip from the HS office. The cost is $5.00 per person.
- There is a sign up sheet in the office for anyone who is interested in participating in High School Boys or Girls track this spring. Please sign up ASAP. Coach Wilson will be having a meeting in the next few weeks.
- Student schedules for next year need to be turned in to Mrs. Knott by TODAY, January 17.
- The Heritage Blood Drive will be on 1/29. Sign up is in the office you must be 17 to donate or if you are 16 you must have a parental consent form signed. You can pick up the consent form in the office.
- Any student signing up for Dual Enrollment or ECCA classes forms are in the office. These must be filled out signed and returned to Mrs. Knott by 1/31. You must also register for Parkland as a non degree seeking student.
- Any senior who has had a relative who served in the Armed Forces see Mrs. Knott for scholarship opportunities.
- Mrs. Hoppers Envirothon teams will start practice Tuesday 1/21. Practices will be Monday and Wednesdays during lunch and Tuesdays during HR. All team members must attend or will be removed from the team.
- There is an Art Club t-shirt sign up sheet on Mrs. Hermosillos door. If you are interested in getting a shirt be sure to sign up!
- Give the gift of warmth this winter! The Student Council is accepting coats hats gloves and scarves for all ages. Please bring donations to school by Thursday January 23rd for local families. If you wish to participate in the class competition please take donations to your class sponsor. If you are a community member and wish to donate please drop off in the high school office.
- Illinois FCCLA and Heritage are partnering with the Ronald McDonald Houses of Illinois for our community service project this year. FCCLA members from across the state are collecting pop tabs and monetary donations. A new house is opening in Peoria and Heritage FCCLA would like to help get this house up and going. We are placing containers around the school and throughout the community to collect pop tabs. We are also welcoming families to support us and send tabs to school. Heritage FCCLA is collecting through this spring. If you would like to help or want a container for your business or worksite please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents: As a reminder any student that misses 5 consecutive days due to illness must bring a doctors note in with them when they return to school giving reason for their absence otherwise the absence will be considered unexcused.
- STUDENTS: Reminder that morning detentions start between 7:30 and 7:40 in the morning. You must be here no later than 7:40 to start your morning detention.
- Student Reminder: A reminder for all students that your cell phones should be in your lockers during the school day (this includes during passing periods). You may have them out ONLY at lunch time. If a teacher/staff member sees you with your phone on you other than at lunch time you will receive a cell phone violation.