Students of the Month
Character Trait of the Month : HONESTY
- Dow AgroSciences has summer jobs available at our Sidney Research Station located between Sidney and Homer across from the Frito Lay Elevator. Applications are available in the office or at the Sidney Research Station. If you are interested, please complete an application and turn it in at our facility to receive a free gift while supplies last. Students age 14 and up are eligible for employment.
- Any 8th grade boy or girl interested in playing on the golf team next fall, including last year’s team members, must contact Mr. Gerard at email@example.com as soon as possible. Schedule and additional information will then be provided to those who respond.
- There is a sign-up sheet in the office for any 8th grader interested in trying out for VGH basketball cheerleading. Clinics will be held on 5/30 and 5/31 in Broadlands from 6-8 PM. You must attend at least one clinic to be eligible for tryouts. Tryouts will be held on 6/1 at 7:00 PM.
- A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who helped in anyway with our FUN DAY yesterday! It was a great way to send our children off for the summer break.
- JH Elective forms should be turned into the office before leaving school TODAY, May 24th.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- Influenza B update: There have been a couple of cases of Influenza B that have been reported in the Jr. High. One of the symptoms include having a high fever. If this occurs, you may want to see your child’s doctor for further evaluation and treatment.Reminders:
- Please call ahead if planning to eat lunch with your student. Parents can come 1x/semester.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.Upcoming Events:
- 5/24/2017 – Awards Assembly 8:30-9:30 at Homer building. – 8th grade Promotion at 7:00 PM at Homer building.5/25/2017 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher’s Institute
- – LAST DAY OF STUDENT ATTENDANCE
- – 6th/7th grades fieldtrip