Character Trait of the Month : Self-Control
- JH Scholastic Bowl meet TODAY, March 19th at Hoopeston at 4:00 PM. The Activity Van will be leaving from Homer ONLY immediately after school. Good luck!!!
- Our 6th – 8th graders will once again be participating in an in-house roller skating program April 9 – 13th. A permission slip with payment of $9.00 (CASH ONLY) is due to your PE teacher by March 22nd.
- March 21st, 2018 is National Down Syndrome Day. To help recognize this day, we are asking staff and students to wear crazy socks to help show our support at Heritage School.
- There is a sign-up sheet in the office for any current 8th grade girl interested in playing Girls High School Basketball next year. Music Updates from Mr. Lee Saturday, March 24 – Junior High Solo & Ensemble Contest – 10-1 pm @ Homer. Performance times went out Sunday via email, and are available at https://www.facebook.com/heritageperformingarts/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a schedule. Saturday, April 14 – IHSA Org Contest @ Tuscola. HS Band & Chorus. Times set by 3/23. Saturday, April 28 – IESA Org Contest @ Danville. JH Band & Chorus. Times TBA. Tuesday, May 10 – 5-12 Spring Band Concert @ Broadlands. 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 18 – K-4 Spring Program @ Homer – 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 8 – 5-12 Spring Choral Concert @ Homer. 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 21 – JH/HS Variety Show @ HS. 7 p.m.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- As a reminder to parents of bus riders: There should be NO food or beverages brought on the bus for any reason at any time.
- Please call ahead if planning to eat lunch with your student. Parents can come 1x/semester.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- 3/6 – 3/19/2018 – PARCC Testing for JH students.
- 3/22/2018 – Book Fair from 5-7:00 PM at Heritage Elementary/JH Building in Homer.
- 3/23/2018- Spring Pictures for K-8th grade students. Informational packets to be sent home soon.
- -Spring Parties for K-5th grade students beginning at 2:00 PM.
- 3/24/2018 – JH Solo & Ensemble at Heritage Elementary/JH Building in Homer from 10 AM – 2 PM.
- 3/26-4/2/2018 – NO School – SPRING BREAK
- 4/3/2018 – School Resumes