Character Trait of the Month : Patriotism
- The next JH Girls basketball game will be 7th grade regional play which begins on Saturday, Nov. 18th against Chrisman at Chrisman at 10:00 AM. All JH Girls basketball players need to be at the school at 8:15 AM. Good luck girls!!
- The next JH Boys Basketball game will be played on Thursday, Nov.16th at home against Gifford at 6:00 PM. Good Luck!!!
- There is a sign-up sheet in the office for any 7th or 8th grade girl interested in playing JH Volleyball this year. As a reminder, you must have a current physical and insurance waiver on file to begin practice.
- Hawks Apparel order forms have been sent home with students and are also available in the office for anyone wishing to order new Hawk Wear. All orders are due on Friday, November 17th.
- A BIG THANK YOU to Miss Galaway and to all of her art students who made such great art work that decorated our halls for Veterans Day. It added so much to the spirit of the day. It looked wonderful and was greatly appreciated by all. Thanks Again! J
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- As a reminder to parents of bus riders: There should be NO food or beverages brought on the bus for any reason at any time.
- On Saturday, Nov. 18th from 8 AM- Noon, Homer New Life Church of Faith will have winter items such as coats, hats, gloves, and boots to giveaway to help keep our community warm this winter season. Most items are gently used, and there will be sizes for all ages. Just take what you will use, and again there is no charge! HNLCOF is located at 505 W. Crittenden, Homer.Reminders:
- Please call ahead if planning to eat lunch with your student. Parents can come 1x/semester.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.Upcoming Events:
- 11/21/2017 – Early Dismissal at 1:15 PM for Thanksgiving Vacation.
- 11/22-24/2017 – NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Vacation.
- 11/27/2017 – School Resumes at 8:10 AM.
- 12/8/2017 – K-4th grade Christmas Program in Homer building at 2:00 PM.