Heritage Elementary and Junior High PBIS monthly award winners for February 2019: February’s trait was Helpfulness. Congratulations!
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
Character Trait of the Month: Empathy
- The next JH Scholastic Bowl meet will be held on Monday, April 1st at home against Gifford & Westville at 4:00 PM. Good luck!!
- The Heritage Post Prom Bowling Fundraiser will be held on March 23rd at Old Orchard Lanes. Sign-up sheets are located on the counter in the Jr. High and High School offices. If you have any questions, please contact Alan Sorensen at phone number 217-714-3109.
- Third quarter grades are now available for viewing as we head into the last quarter of the school year!! If you have any questions regarding your student’s STI account, please contact the office for further assistance.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- As a reminder to parents of bus riders: There should be NO food or beverages brought on the bus for any reason at any time.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping students off in the front parking lot. You should not pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Please call ahead if planning to eat lunch with your student. Parents can come 1x/semester.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- The price for student lunches at the Elementary/JH building at Heritage for the 2018-19 school year will be $2.15. Adult lunches will be sold for $2.90.