Elementary/Junior High Announcements:
Character Trait of the Month: Be Respectful, Be Responsible and Be Safe.
- If any JH student would like to change class schedules, please see Mrs. Sanders ASAP.
- There is a JH Girls Basketball sign-up sheet in the office for any JH girl interested in playing basketball this year. There will be a Parent/Player meeting held on Tuesday, Aug.27th at 6:00 PM in the New Gym with the first JH Girls Basketball practice to start on Tuesday, Sept. 3rd from 3-4:15 PM. All athletes must have a current physical and insurance waiver to participate in practice.
- The next JH Cross-Country meet will be held on Thursday, Aug. 29th at 4:30 PM at PBL. Departure time for students is at 3:00 PM with dismissal from the classroom at 2:50 PM with the bell. Good luck!!
- There is a High School Heritage Volleyball apparel order form in the office for anyone who may be interested in ordering. All orders are due by Friday, Aug. 30th.
- The Stadium Seat Install is this Sunday, Aug 25 at 9:00 am on the South Side of the University of Illinois Football Stadium. We are asking that ALL Heritage sports/athletes try and help out. This is a BIG fundraiser for the Heritage Booster Club. There will be a shuttle to and from the U of I, provided we have enough players sign up. If there is not enough interest in a shuttle, we will have to cancel the shuttle. There is a sign-up sheet in the office if you would like to ride the shuttle. PLEASE sign up if you are interested by NOON on Friday, Aug. 23rd. The shuttle will leave Broadlands at 8:15 and Homer at 8:30.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- As a reminder to parents of bus riders: There should be NO food or beverages brought on the bus for any reason at any time.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping students off in the front parking lot. You should not pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Please call ahead if planning to eat lunch with your student. Parents can come 1x/semester.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- The price for student lunches at the Elementary/JH building at Heritage for the 2019-20 school year will be $2.15. Adult lunches will be sold for $2.90.